Durham CollegeMore than 100 international students arrive at Durham College each year from approximately 20 countries around the globe. This growing number of students joins us with the understanding that they are making a decision that will change their lives and open untold new opportunities.
Over 90.7 per cent of Durham 2008 grads were employed within six months of graduation - the highest employment rate of any college in the Greater Toronto Area.
With more than 100 different full-time programs focused on employer demand and developed in conjunction with advisory committees that include business and industry experts who bring a real-life perspective to your academic experience.
They come here for the Durham College difference:
- Highest-quality Canadian education - we prepare students to find rewarding employment here in Canada or in their home countries;
- A safe, vibrant campus environment - we're located in a safe and secure setting that offers the best of country and city living. Better still, we are only a short distance from Toronto, one of the most multicultural cities in the world; and
- A fun and rewarding student life - from clubs to cultural activities, sports and excellent medical services, students find everything they need for a student-life experience that balances studies with challenges and fun outside the classroom.
Our Oshawa campus is home to the:
- 73,000-square-foot Campus Library;
- Integrated Manufacturing Centre;
- Centre for Integrated Justice Studies;
- State-of-the-art Dental Clinic;
- High-tech simulation nursing lab;
- 200-seat Learning Commons;
- and Much more.
Our Whitby campus includes:
- Skills Training Centre featuring a 40,000-square-foot expansion that will include:
- New programs focused on new-energy careers;
- A retrofit of the campus to become energy efficient and energy producing;
- An innovation incubator for new energy;
- and Access to faculty expertise and campus equipment to help alternative power inventors and innovators bring their ideas from concept to prototype.
- High-tech plumbing mezzanine; and
- Fully functioning elevator and escalator for students to gain hands-on repair experience.